« Back to Blog
Best apps for real estate lovers
November 26, 2012
Did you know that your smart phone can help you with your property search? Yes, it is true; there is an app for everything, especially when it comes to real estate. These apps not only make your property search easier, but definitely much more fun!
Thanks to Chris Smith, Chief Evangelist of Inman News, and international social media champion in the real estate industry, we’ve been able to put together a list of the top 10 apps that can assist you in the search for your dream home.
The Top 10
1. Any.do – remember all the things you want to do and make sure you get them done, like noting open inspection and auction times. The features of this app include speech recognition, time and location reminders, folders, notes, repeating tasks, calendar view and more.
2. Evernote – helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use. You can take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders, and makes these notes completely searchable, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go.
3. Twist – let those around you know when you will arrive – this app alerts them when you are almost there and if you are running late. Whether you are driving, walking or taking public transport to an inspection or auction, Twist can accurately calculate your arrival time to a specified destination and privately shares your ETA with those you choose.
4. Brewster – bring together everyone you know (including contacts from iPhone, LinkedIn, Facebook, Gmail, and Twitter) to create your own personalized address book. You can get quick access to all the information you need in one place (e.g. phone number, email, employment, Twitter handle, etc.) and you can view updates that help you keep track of what’s going on in the lives of people you know (e.g. birthdays, new jobs, etc.)
5. Instagram– a fun and simple way to make and share great photos of the houses you visit. You can pick from one of several filtered effects to breathe a new life into your mobile photos, and you can share your photos with your contacts to see.
6. Snapseed– this app makes any photo look beautiful – you can enhance, transform, and share your property photos with ease.
7. Over– add text to your photos and share them quickly and easily on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr & Instagram. For example, add a property’s address to the photo so that you can keep track of every place you visit.
8. Reelmoments– lets you take time-lapse videos directly so that you can capture important moments and create video clips on the fly. Why not send a video snapshot of the house you love to your family to see what they think?
Apps with great content
9. Zite – a free personalized magazine for your iPad that delivers all the great news, articles, blogs, and videos you want – you can personalise content to keep updated with all the latest real estate news.
10. Houzz – the largest database of home design ideas, with over 700,000 high resolution photos. You can browse photos by style, room and location and save them to your virtual idea book — it’s the equivalent of clipping design magazines to a scrapbook and is a great way to get inspired.
All of these great apps can be used alongside the realestateview.com.au app to not only make your property search more of an enjoyable experience, but to also get the most out of your search when you are out and about.